Managing Refractory Tendinopathy: Needle Tenotomy (Part 2)
Image 1. Ultrasound demonstration of needle tenotomy of the common extensor tendon (Jacobson, 2016)
Image 2. Ultrasound demonstration of needle tenotomy of the achilles tendon (Jacobson, 2016)
- Chaudhry, F. A. “Effectiveness of dry needling and high-volume image-guided injection in the management of chronic mid-portion Achilles tendinopathy in adult population: a literature review.” European Journal of Orthopaedic Surgery & Traumatology 27.4 (2017): 441-448.
- Maffulli N, Spiezia F, Longo UG, Denaro V, Maffulli GD (2013) High volume image guided injections for the management of chronic tendinopathy of the main body of the Achilles tendon. Phys Ther Sport 14(3):163–167
- Settergren, Roy. “Treatment of supraspinatus tendinopathy with ultrasound guided dry needling.” Journal of chiropractic medicine 12.1 (2013): 26-29.
- McShane, John M., Levon N. Nazarian, and Marc I. Harwood. “Sonographically guided percutaneous needle tenotomy for treatment of common extensor tendinosis in the elbow.” Journal of ultrasound in medicine 25.10 (2006): 1281-1289.
- Housner, Jeffrey A., Jon A. Jacobson, and Roberta Misko. “Sonographically guided percutaneous needle tenotomy for the treatment of chronic tendinosis.” Journal of Ultrasound in Medicine 28.9 (2009): 1187-1192.
- Testa, V., et al. “Management of Achilles tendinopathy by ultrasound-guided percutaneous tenotomy.” Medicine and science in sports and exercise 34.4 (2002): 573-580.
- Barnes, Darryl E., James M. Beckley, and Jay Smith. “Percutaneous ultrasonic tenotomy for chronic elbow tendinosis: a prospective study.” Journal of shoulder and elbow surgery 24.1 (2015): 67-73.
- acobson, Jon A., Sung Moon Kim, and Monica Kalume Brigido. “Ultrasound-guided percutaneous tenotomy.” Seminars in musculoskeletal radiology. Vol. 20. No. 05. Thieme Medical Publishers, 2016.
- Kanaan Y, Jacobson JA, Jamadar D, Housner J, Caoili EM. Sonographically guided patellar tendon fenestration: prognostic value of preprocedure sonographic findings. J Ultrasound Med 2013; 32 (5) 771-777